25 Nevada Goldback Note - FortitudineRegular price $132.56
Currency Containing 1/40th Oz .9999 Fine Gold
The Goldback is the world’s first voluntary currency to be made of a spendable, beautiful, small denomination, physical gold.
When the Utah Legal Tender Act passed in 2011, the state became the first in recent times to recognize certain forms of gold as legal tender. Gold once again established a level of official recognition as money.
Since then the technology for minting physical gold into a spendable form for small transactions has developed. The makers use cutting-edge vacuum deposition technology to layer each bill with .9999 fine gold in exacting quantities. Goldback bills carry a precise amount of pure gold between layers of polyester which makes them resilient and durable.
The bill features a beautiful image of Fortitudine, the Virtue of Fortitude.
Goldbacks can be, and are, used for barter transactions with anyone who recognizes the value of gold.
Fortitudine, or Fortitude, is the third Virtue making her debut in the Nevada Goldback Series.
She is patterned after Nike, the Greek winged goddess of Victory. On her head is the laurel wreath, a symbol of glory, and in her left hand, a palm leaf symbolizes triumph. Like all Nevada Goldbacks, many symbols of the state are featured.
Fortitudine is reminiscent of the trumpeting angels found along the walls of Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, and she is sounding the first trumpet of Triumph. A notable feature of this design is the symbol of pillars rising out of the desert that is in a rare “super bloom,” symbolizing Fortitude’s role and success in holding Nevada and her people together in the past, present, and future. Also present are the barrel cactus, the sagebrush in bloom as it is on Nevada’s State Flag, a Joshua tree in bloom, and other hidden symbols. All of this is backdropped by the beautiful Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas.
A driving theme for this piece is “Fortitude brings Victory over Vice,” as can be seen, illustrated with the bobcat pouncing on a “land crocodile,” the tortoise.
Locations: Nevada Goldback
Gold Content: 1/40th Troy Oz
Purity: .9999 Gold Layered On a Bill
Size: 15.5cm x 6.5cm (6.1" x 2.56")
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.