5 New Hampshire Goldback Note- VeritasRegular price $26.55
Currency Containing 1/200th Oz .9999 Fine Gold
The Goldback is the world’s first voluntary currency to be made of a spendable, beautiful, small denomination, physical gold.
When the Utah Legal Tender Act passed in 2011, the state became the first in recent times to recognize certain forms of gold as legal tender. Gold once again established a level of official recognition as money.
Since then the technology for minting physical gold into a spendable form for small transactions has developed. The makers use cutting-edge vacuum deposition technology to layer each bill with .9999 fine gold in exacting quantities. Goldback bills carry a precise amount of pure gold between layers of polyester which makes them resilient and durable.
This series is the first to pilot the border design change where the written denomination at the top of the bill has been moved into the border at the bottom and a smaller denomination number is written in the bottom right corner in addition to being found in the top left. These designs have been approved for all following designs, and currently in print designs will adopt these changes in their 2022 editions.
About the Design - Veritas
New Hampshire’s 5 Goldback design is the second time that Veritas, or Truth, makes an appearance on a Goldback.
She is depicted here wearing a colonial dress, offering the light of a candle, and walking along a path that leads to a covered bridge over a foggy river. She symbolizes the light of truth and offers that light to others, beckoning them to come toward her and follow the path that leads them safely through the fog of obscurity and confusion that is their downfall without her light.
The covered bridge is patterned after one that can be found along New Hampshire's Kancamagus Highway, though similar covered bridges can be found all around the state.
On Truth’s left is a purple lilac bush, the state flower. On her right is a purple finch, the state bird, and below her is the caption “Walk in Truth.”
To the side of the path is a guardrail, representing how truth protects us and that if we hold fast to it, it will lead us along the path.
In the background, the viewer can see a moose, which are well known for their massive presence, territorial nature, poor eyesight, and excellent hearing and smell, which here represents steadfastly standing for and protecting truth and using many senses to identify it, even when it is hard to see.
Locations: New Hampshire Goldback
Gold Content: 1/200th Troy Oz
Purity: .9999 Gold Layered On a Bill
Size: 13.0cm x 6.5cm (5.12" x 2.56")
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.