5 Wyoming Goldback Note - AudentiaRegular price $26.55
Containing 1/200th Oz .9999 Fine Gold
The Goldbacks are the world’s first voluntary currency to be made of a spendable, beautiful, small denomination, physical gold.
When the Utah Legal Tender Act passed in 2011, the state became the first in recent times to recognize certain forms of gold as legal tender. Gold once again established a level of official recognition as money.
Since then the technology for minting physical gold into a spendable form for small transactions has developed. The makers use cutting-edge vacuum deposition technology to layer each bill with .9999 fine gold in exacting quantities. Goldback bills carry a precise amount of pure gold between layers of polyester which makes them resilient and durable.
About the Design
The Virtue Audentia is another first appearance on a Goldback. Boldness, or Fearlessness, rides in. Audentia is depicted here as a newly chosen rodeo queen, wearing her formal performance attire, and standing next to her faithful horse.
Much of the symbolism in this design draws from the biblical story of Esther. In the story, Esther is a young woman who comes from a conquered nation and is both an ethnic and religious minority. Despite these challenges, and after months of rigorous training in etiquette and presentation, she is chosen as the best candidate for Queen. She is crowned and marries the king of Persia, Ahasuerus.
He was known as a stern man who thought of himself as the most powerful king in the world. He ruled with authority, expecting complete obedience from everyone around him. With this as background, and the fate of the former queen looming over her thoughts, Esther is determined to leverage her position and relationship with the king. With fearlessness and boldness, she ultimately secures the salvation of her entire people, saving them from a genocidal conspiracy.
Other elements of this story are also depicted. These include a scroll representing decrees designed to cause targeted and retaliatory harm to good folks. The king’s scepter represents the grace that rewards boldness. And ropes represent the vindication that will hang the designers of such evil decrees when boldness brings them to light.
Audentia appears in this design with this brand of boldness.
Roses and thorns surround Audentia in various locations throughout this design, representing both the beauty and danger of boldness. One must be thoughtful and choose the correct moment. Patience must be exercised until the moment comes. And when it presents itself, it is important to act with confidence and without further delay.
It is very fitting that the caption below Audentia reads “Doubt Not, Fear Not.”
Locations: Wyoming Goldback
Gold Content: 1/200th Troy Oz
Purity: .9999 Gold Layered On a Bill
Size: 13.0cm x 6.5cm (5.12" x 2.56")
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.