50 Wyoming Goldback Note - LibertasRegular price $265.40
Containing 1/20th Oz .9999 Fine Gold
The Goldbacks are the world’s first voluntary currency to be made of a spendable, beautiful, small denomination, physical gold.
When the Utah Legal Tender Act passed in 2011, the state became the first in recent times to recognize certain forms of gold as legal tender. Gold once again established a level of official recognition as money.
Since then the technology for minting physical gold into a spendable form for small transactions has developed. The makers use cutting-edge vacuum deposition technology to layer each bill with .9999 fine gold in exacting quantities. Goldback bills carry a precise amount of pure gold between layers of polyester which makes them resilient and durable.
About the Design
Libertas is the Virtue represented on the 50 Goldback denomination - as always. In this Wyoming series design, Libertas is depicted as a Mid-20th Century hiker passing through Yellowstone National Park.
The symbols that accompany her are influenced by the Old Testament story of Deborah, the Lady of Torches. Surrounded by wild flowering raspberries, she has a pack on her back and a flashlight in her left hand in place of a traditional torch. In her right hand, she is holding a walking staff, representing divine guidance. On her left wrist hangs a canteen, representing the life that comes from Liberty. A sword hangs from her pack and a shield lies at her feet, symbolizing the constant need to be ready to defend Liberty from those seeking to take it away.
Behind her, an eruption from Old Faithful can be seen alongside a depiction of Osprey Falls. She has wolves by her side and a mother grizzly bear behind her, representing both the community, the cooperation, and the fierceness that is sometimes required to protect and cultivate Liberty.
Locations: Wyoming Goldback
Gold Content: 1/20th Troy Oz
Purity: .9999 Gold Layered On a Bill
Size: 17.7cm x 7.5cm (6.97" x 2.95")
We take great pride in the way your order is packaged and delivered.
You can expect:
- Prompt Shipping – We ship orders shortly after your payment has been cleared – generally within 2 business days.
- Fully Insured – We fully insure all shipments with Lloyd's of London.
- Privacy – Your package will have no external markings that provide any clue as to the contents. Because we insure packages with Lloyd's of London, we do not declare a value or insure with the carrier.
- Accountability for Package Contents – Your order will be packed under video surveillance, weighed and double-checked prior to shipping to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered.
- Professional Packaging – Your order will be packaged securely and professionally.
- Tracking – We will provide you with the carrier's tracking number for your shipment so you can monitor its progress and plan for delivery.
- Signature Confirmation – Delivery carriers are instructed to request a signature upon delivery.