Tow Dolly - Car HaulerRegular price $0.00
Our car tow dolly option is an affordable way to tow your car. Tow dollies have a lightweight and durable design as well as heavy-duty security chains and ratchet tire straps for extra towing security. Towing a car on a U-Haul tow dolly can save you time, money and effort.
- Lightweight durable design
- Vehicle security chains
- One-way car dolly
The tow dolly, a U-Haul patented design, is considered top of the line for vehicle towing. It is a perfect low cost option to transport vehicles for either in-town or long distance moves. Tow dollies are available for rent either behind a U-Haul moving truck or behind your own tow capable vehicle. Start moving with U-Haul today!
U-Haul car dolly rentals can tow most FWD vehicles and many RWD vehicles. When towing a RWD vehicle on a tow dolly, you must disconnect the driveshaft, please refer to your owner’s manual prior to loading and towing a vehicle. When towing with a personal tow vehicle, the tow dolly requires either a 1-7/8” or 2” hitch ball as well as an appropriately rated hitch. During the reservation process, U-Haul will provide an exact recommendation for your particular vehicle combination.
We suggest watching this short five minute video on How to Load your Car on a U-Haul Car Towing Dolly to ensure a stress-free loading process and towing experience.
- Outside Width of vehicle platform: 77.25"
- Width between fenders: 83.5"
- Extended Ramp Length: 33"
- Outside width of ramps: 71.5"
- Total Length from Coupler to extended ramps: 153"
- Total length with ramps stored: 139"
- Deck Height: 10"
- Recommended hitch ball height: 17.5"
- Ratchet-operated tire straps
- Vehicle security chains
- Max Load: 3,450 lbs. when towing a front-wheel drive vehicle, 3,900 lbs. when towing a rear-wheel drive vehicle.
- Empty weight: 750 lbs.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a full hard top if it is a sport utility type vehicle. If the top or any portion of the top is removed, or is not a hard top, your sport utility type vehicle cannot be used for towing U-Haul equipment. A full hard top must be in place.
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- Must weigh at least 750 lbs. more than the vehicle being towed
- Must have Class 2 tow hitch (3,500 lbs. minimum weight-carrying rating)
- Must have 1-7/8" or 2" hitch ball (3,500 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height of 25"
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- Must have fully operational lighting
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.
Trailer and Towing Tips