Utility Trailer With Ramp - 5' x 9'Regular price $0.00
One of our most popular open trailers is the 5x9 utility trailer with a spring-assisted fold down EZ-loading ramp. The ramp on this utility trailer is perfect for loading most anything like landscaping materials in a wheelbarrow, appliances on dollies, or motorcycles, ATV’s and golf carts.
- EZ-loading fold down ramp
- Motorcycle towing
- Affordable and reliable
The 5x9 utility trailer is a great decision for both local moves and one-way moves. This open top trailer is the right choice for hauling your motorcycle to the shop for repair or for moving it to a new home across the country. You can tow it behind your moving truck rental or personal vehicle. Our utility trailers come with heavy-duty tie-down rings to secure the heaviest bikes with confidence and many of our 5x9 utility ramp trailers also come equipped with an integrated motorcycle chock support to help keep your motorcycle in place.
The 5x9 utility trailer rentals are also good low cost options for home deliveries of landscaping and other home-improvement projects. Popular with businesses, customers use 5x9 trailer rentals for a variety of purposes including equipment hauling, large deliveries and company outings. Whatever your business or personal hauling needs are, our open top trailers can make your move easier. With a loading capacity of 1,600 lbs, the 5x9 utility ramp trailer will fit your every need!
Save time by reserving and scheduling your trailer rental online today. We put safety first, so all trailer customers are advised to load the trailer heavier in front, secure your load with tie-downs, drive slower than you normally would, and please, always wear your seatbelt.
- Inside: 9'2" x 4'9" (LxW)
- Ramp width: 4'9"
- Lowest deck
- Softest ride
- Easy towing
- 57" wide spring-assisted ramp
- Galvanized finish
- Multiple heavy-duty tie-downs
- Integrated Motorcycle Chock in newer models
- Empty weight: 1,240 lbs.
- Max load: 1,650 lbs.
- Ramp Capacity: 1,810 lbs.
- Maximum Gross Weight (trailer plus load): 2,890 lbs.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV or Jeep. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- The curb weight of your tow vehicle must exceed the weight of the loaded trailer
- In order to tow, your vehicle must be equipped with an adequate hitch system and lighting connections. Your hitch system includes the receiver hitch, ball mount and ball. The overall rating is determined by the lowest rated component of the three. How to determine your hitch system rating.
- Must have 1-7/8" or, 2" hitch ball (2,000 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height 25"
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- The allowed cargo in this trailer will be calculated based on the curb weight of your vehicle and the lowest rated component of your hitch system.
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.
Trailer and Towing Tips